SunClad™ Wood Products Warranty
Effective Date - August 15, 2010
For SunClad™ products purchased prior to August 15, 2010 click here.
Sun Windows, Inc. provides this Limited Warranty to cover SunClad™ window and door products sold and installed in the United States of America. This warranty extends to the owner of the structure in which the products are originally installed and is fully transferable.
The insulated glass warranty applies to factory installed insulated glass or Sun supplied insulated glass that is installed by a Sun authorized service representative. Sun's insulated glass is warranted against obstruction of view caused by a failure of the insulated glass seal for twenty (20) years from the original date of purchase. Sun warrants our insulated glass units against spontaneous glass breakage for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase (this includes free replacement glass unit and the labor to install the glass unit). Spontaneous glass breakage occurs when the glass develops a crack without the sign of an impact.
The wood components of SunClad™ window and door products is warranted against wood cellular structure failure (wood cellular breakdown) for a period of ten (10) years from the original date of purchase. The owner must follow all Sun finishing and care instructions (as described in Sun's Installation Instructions, available at www.sunwindows.com or from your authorized Sun dealer) for the wood in order for the warranty to remain valid.
The SunClad™ exterior aluminum components have (unless specified otherwise) a high performance Powder Coated finish. Sun's standard D2000 finish meets AAMA 2604 specifications and is warranted for twenty (20) years against peeling, flaking, blistering, cracking, checking and loss of adhesive. It is also warranted for ten (10) years against chalking, fading and color change. These are measured in accordance to the AAMA 2604 specification standard and are for normal atmospheric conditions. Sun's optional D3000 finish meets AAMA 2605 specifications and is warranted for thirty (30) years against peeling, flaking, blistering, cracking, checking and loss of adhesive. It is also warranted for fifteen (15) years against chalking, fading and color change. These are measured in accordance to the AAMA 2605 specification standard and are for normal atmospheric conditions. Coverage begins on the original date of purchase.
All non-electric operating hardware, including sash locks & keepers, finger tilt latches, balance systems, crank operators, hinge and glide systems, door handle sets and hinges, and multi-point latching systems are warranted to operate properly in support of the product's function for a period of ten (10) years from the original date of purchase. Note: some hardware finishes are prone to wear and weathering and will fade or change over time. This is considered a normal cosmetic effect and is not covered by this warranty (see the Exclusions section). Weather stripping is warranted to function correctly for a period of ten (10) years from the original date of purchase. Electric operating hardware is warranted for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase.
All Other Components
All other components not specified elsewhere are covered for a period of ten (10) years from the original date of purchase.
If a product or product component becomes defective during the term of applicable warranty, Sun Windows will, at its option, repair or replace the product or component, or refund the price paid for the defective product or component.
Labor for servicing a product or component under this warranty is provide for one (1) year from the original date of purchase. After this period, a labor/service charge may apply for a Sun authorized service technician.
Damages, defects or problems resulting from causes outside the control of Sun Windows are excluded from coverage under this warranty. This includes:
• Normal wear and tear
• Normal discoloration or fading of finishes (this includes paint finishes, hardware finishes and vinyl parts coloration)
• Failure to follow Sun's care and maintenance instructions (see Sun's Installation Instructions and Product Instructions, available at www.sunwindows.com or from your authorized Sun dealer)
• Improper installation & finishing, including properly finishing and caring for the wood components (see Sun's Installation Instructions, available at www.sunwindows.com or from your authorized Sun dealer)
• Improper application of the product or option (non-vertical glazing, atypical building structure, wrong product orientation, improper framing/support)
• Installation or use near pools, spas, saunas, hot tubs and other high-humidity environments
• Variation in wood color, texture and grain
• Wood cellular structure failure from direct contact with soil or insect damage, or exposure water or high humidity
• Variations in product or component performance due to normal aging and use
• Glass imperfections consistent with ASTM or other industry standards which do not affect the structural integrity
• Glass cracks and breakage from impact
• Insulated glass failure or damage from the use of window films or treatments
• Use of brick wash, razor blades or other inappropriate cleaners or chemicals
• Screen damage due to normal wear and tear, misuse, abuse, or insect or animal activity
• Hardware or other components not provided by Sun Windows
• Labor and materials for repainting or refinishing activities, or the removal or disposal of defective products or components: labor exceeding the time period(s) specified above
• Misuse, abuse, modification, alteration, accident, negligence
• Shifting or settling of the building structure
• Extreme weather events
If you have a problem with your Sun Window product, contact the dealer you purchased your product from or contact us directly at:
Mail: Sun Windows Customer Care
PO Box 1329
Owensboro, KY 42302-1329
Phone: (800) 328-1151 or (270) 684-0691
Fax: (270) 926-6452